Business Visas

Which Visa is right for you?

  • The exceptionally talented or astoundingly promising.
    Are you a world-leading talent in your field, or considered likely to become a world-leading talent? Will your talents enrich the UK’s knowledge economy and cultural life? If so, the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route could be for you.
  • The high-flying investor
    Are you a high net worth individual looking to make a substantial financial investment in the UK? If you are in a position to invest £2m the Tier 1 (Investor) route is for you.
  • The cutting-edge start up.
    Are you an early-stage entrepreneur seeking to establish a business in the UK for the first time? Does your business plan demonstrate innovation, viability and scalability? Are you ready to look for endorsement from a Home Office approved body? The Appendix W Start Up route might be right for you.
  • The brilliant innovator.
    Perhaps you are a more experienced entrepreneur seeking to establish an innovative business in the UK. Will your business plan capture the imagination of a Home Office approved body through its exciting innovation, viability and scalability? Are you ready to show your confidence by investing £50k in your innovative enterprise? If so, the Appendix W Innovator route is for you.
  • The expanding multi-national.
    Are you a multi-national company transferring existing employees from outside the EU/EEA to your UK office? You will need to consider the Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) route for your existing talent.
  • Or are you an overseas firm looking to expand in to the UK? Perhaps you wish to send a senior employee to the UK to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary or branch? You will need to consider the Sole Representative of an Overseas Firm visa.
  • The adventurous employee.
    Are you a skilled worker looking to move to the UK? Do you have a degree level job offer from a licensed UK-based employer? The Tier 2 (General) route is for you.
  • The next Serena Williams or Lionel Messi.
    Are you an elite sportsperson or coach? Will you make a significant contribution to the development of your sport at the highest level in the UK? You will need to consider a Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa.
  • On a mission.
    Are you a Minister of Religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work, a Missionary, or a Member of a Religious Order taking up employment or a post within a faith community in the UK? If so, the Tier 2 (Ministers of Religion) is for you.
  • The insatiably curious.
    Are you looking for your next adventure? Are you seeking sponsored work on a temporary basis? The Tier 5 temporary sponsored workers route could be for you.
  • A Commonwealth citizen.
    The UK Ancestry visa is for Commonwealth Citizens who can show that one of their grandparents was born in the UK and who wish to take or seek employment in the UK.
  • Just visiting.
    You will need to consider whether you will need a standard visit visa for permitted business activities or a permitted paid engagement visa.